If you are just starting your “online” journey, you are probably a little bit overwhelmed at the moment. You are probably doing everything yourself and you know you need a website but you don’t know where to start. I totally understand and believe me, you are not alone in this.
That is why I was thinking about what would be the best tip I could give you if you are just starting with your website.
And after a lot of thinking, that tip would be:
Don’t stress and keep it simple!
You don’t need a perfect website, you just need to put your basic information out there. Select a simple and clean theme and put your important information in it.
What would that information be? Well: who you are, so people can get to know you, what you do, so people can understand what you do, and how to contact you.
* WHO YOU ARE
– Tell them something about yourself, and as my friend Nicole from Pin Pal Media always emphasizes, don’t be afraid to get personal;
– Why are you different from your competition.
* WHAT YOU DO
– They need to see what you do as soon as they get to your website;
– Tell them how can you help them with a problem they are having;
– Be specific – why are you different, in what exact way do you help;
– If you are location-based, also say where you are so people can find you easier.
* HOW TO CONTACT YOU
– Make your contact form and/or your email address obvious on your website. They need to find it fast and always!
– Again if you are location-based, you need to have your location on there and how to get to you,
– List all your social media platform(s) and start a simple email signup (you never know).
Keep it simple. Don’t overthink it. Be clear and precise. Don’t let your website visitors guess what you are doing.
You can start with just one page. One page that is branded, beautiful, easy to read, easy to understand and answers those first questions.
Your website will develop
Your business will develop and change over time, and so will your website. So it’s very important not to stress in the beginning. Both you and your business will grow and evolve over time. You will learn what your customers/readers really want from you, how you can help them even better and most important, you will learn what else to offer.
Over time you will have more content to put on your website, and you will learn what you really want from your website.
Set a goal
Set yourself only one goal and work on that. Remember: you don’t need to do everything at once. Keep it simple and you will be more efficient.
The point is, you don’t have to stress when creating your website. Set a few basic pages (Home, About Me, Services, Contact) and if you want to get recognized by Google, a Blog page. And just start from there. In time you will discover what you want from your website and adjust accordingly.
And if you ever need any help, there is a community of Lady Bloggers that help each other grow by providing support, engagement, and help. So don’t miss out on this opportunity and JOIN.
Ready to take your business to the next level and start generating income by getting more followers and subscribers?
Just enter your name & email to get instant access to free resources (Social Media Calendar, Content, Planing tips and so much more!) to help you increase your influence, income, and impact!