I have been working (living) as website designer/developer (+ a million other things) for more than 15 years now and I think the toughest thing to choose right is the hosting.
Because there are millions of them out there whose prices vary from $5/year to $500/year. Some would say that if the hosting provider has higher prices that means their servers are better, but actually, that doesn’t mean anything. Believe me, in the last 15 years I have tried so many of them that by now I know exactly how to spot a bad one.
And what is even more important, people generally don’t have a clue what to look for. They think that whatever they choose it will be ok. BIG MISTAKE!
Choosing the right one is very important for the validity of your website (speed, google ranking, availability), so choosing the right one is probably THE MOST IMPORTANT thing every blogger, entrepreneur, business owner has to do.
So I decided to share my “knowledge” on this and help you choose the best hosting for you.
Most people refer to a hosting provider just because of their affiliate program. And don’t get me wrong, I will use my affiliate links for this (Read my affiliate disclosure here), but that is not why I am referring these hosting companies. I will refer them just because I HAVE tested them and they are actually pretty good.
That is why I am going to give you just TWO hosting providers. Yup, shocker. And no, there will be no Bluehost, InMotion, WP Engine (who have the highest affiliate commission). Because they are not that good, they are only referred to because they pay out a lot to affiliates.
Ok, enough talking, let’s get down to business:
Hosting for small websites, startup bloggers (cheaper solution) – Alpha Dog Hosting
Yes I know you have probably never heard of them, but they are a great choice when you are just starting.
What is so special about them:
– no gimmick pricing – that means that there are NO hidden charges and their renewal prices always stay the same
– 30 days money-back guarantee
– Free SSL Certificates (you would be surprised how many hostings don’t offer this)
– low prices – you could get hosting for 1 website for as little as $1.99/mo and they even offer discounts (like Halloween, Black Friday, etc).
Hosting for bigger websites, bloggers with a lot of traffic (pricier solution) – Siteground
I absolutely love Siteground but they are also expensive. So why choose them?
– first of all, yes, they are the kind of hosting that offers a big discount when you are starting with them and then the next year the prices go up, but nevertheless, they are really good
– they have extra fast and reliable servers and they even have their own WP caching plugin (that works only if you are on their server) that makes your website extra fast and I think Google loves you a little bit more if you are on their servers 🙂
– Free SSL Certificates
– Free Cloudflare CDN
– but their prices start at $3.95/mo (and that turns to $11.95/mo after a year)
But nevertheless, if you have a lot of traffic, a big website with a lot of members, don’t play around with cheap and small hostings, just go to Siteground, pay the price and be happy, because they are really really the best at this game (click here to go to their website).
So here it is, my top two hosting providers, and yes, I have websites hosted at both of them right now, so this is me speaking from experience.
And if you ever need help setting up your website or transferring to one fo them, send me a msg, I am here for you 🙂
Want to get the newest tips right in your email Inbox?
Simply enter your details here and you will start receiving website improvement tips right in you Inbox + you will also get instant access to some great free resources. Let me help you increase your influence, income, and impact!